Buenos Aires, el Teatro Colon
Students will have a wide array of activities to supplement and reinforce their language experience in Buenos Aires.
Your hosts will guide you to famous cultural landmarks of Buenos Aires.
- Guided tour to Teatro Colón, where Pavarotti commented that there was just one thing wrong; the fact that it is perfect.
- A stroll to San Telmo neighborhood and its antique shops, bars, and market where Tango artists hold street displays.
- Visit to Café Tortoni, the oldest and most atmospheric café in Buenos Aires.
- A walk through “The Republic of La Boca," a bohemian district known for its brightly painted houses in brick and tin. A spot of reference for immigration history in Argentina.
- Recoleta and café La Biela (the Connecting Rod), the Spanish colonial church of Nuestra Señora del Pilar and the Recoleta Cemetery where Evita is buried among the city’s Patrician families.
- Guided tour to a Tango museum.
- Shopping tour to talabarterías (saddlery) and platerías (silversmith shops) Buenos Aires.